Health, Wealth & Happiness
- See our regular investment updates
- Get in the know about financial strategies
- Access the latest superannuation information
Not all financial advisers are the same
Nov 17, 2014, by FMD
This article has been updated here
Finding the right person to manage your finances can be a difficult and time-consuming process for many people. Understandably, your money and assets are vitally important to both your immediate and long-term future so getting the best advice for your individual situation is no doubt high on your priority list.
To make your search for a trustworthy financial adviser easier, one great way is to look for an organisation that are Financial Planning Association of Australia (FPA) Professional Practices. These firms demonstrate the highest professional and ethical standards in the industry. In fact, we estimate just 10% of Melbourne firms are recognised as a professional practice and FMD Financial, has recently been recognised as one of them.
“An FPA certification is clear sign of a financial firm’s high degree of professional practice standards, offering those seeking a financial adviser a greater level of certainty.” Lee Wapling, CEO
What are the requirements of an FPA Professional practice?
We undergo a rigorous screening process every three years to meet the following requirements:
- All advisers are FPA practicing members;
- Highly qualified advisers with almost all advisers CFP® professionals or will be within three years; and
- Commit to upholding the FPA's Code of Professional Practice